Secure tactical communication
Milicor is a flexible, secure, mobile, interoperable, mission-driven communication system for moving theatres of operation.
- Tactical Radio embedded in vehicles
- Voice terminals
- Multimedia Smartphones
- Tablet PC
The move towards the digital battlefield requires sharing of real-time multimedia (voice, data, video) secured information in order to detect, analyse, rapidly decide and act. In theatres of operation, the armed forces' fast-evolving needs require a flexible, secure, mobile, interoperable, mission-driven communication system.
Milicor from Cassidian is built on 20 years of experience in delivering COTS (commercial off-the-shelf)-based secure communication. Milicor is leveraging field-proven TETRAPOL technology together with state-of-the-art 4G LTE technology.
In order to match the operational needs, Milicor goes beyond traditional COTS solutions. It adds key capabilities such as:
- Superior coverage
- Security (end-to-end encryption)
- Full IP connectivity (SATCOM, C2, C4I, etc.)
- Rapid set-up
Milicor provides a full range of multimedia mobile communication services for real-time information sharing between troops and Operation Centres:
- Voice: e.g. group communication, broadcast call, individual or multi-party private call, emergency call, direct mode communication
- High speed IP data
- Video: video streaming, video conferences
Flexible & Scalable
Milicor is also available in modular tactical cases (energy, mast, antennas, radio components, etc.) in order to support the deployed units with:
- OTAR (Over The Air Rekeying)
- Signalling encryption and integrity
- End-to-end encryption and integrity
- Air interface authentication and encryption
- Kill or Stun lost or stolen terminals
It integrates defence mechanisms such as redundancy and automatic reconfiguration of radio channels, autonomy of each radio node.