Creating the next-generation Future Soldier System
With the Warrior21® program, CASSIDIAN integrates the operational lessons learnt by soldiers in order to provide enhanced capabilities: body computer, sensors, helmet system with display and voice radio, navigation aids, body armour and portable system.
Benefits to forces using Warrior21®
- Improved situational awareness
- Extensive communication performance (Intra/Extra SQD/PLT/COY)
- Prevention of Friendly Fire (SA, fire prevention mechanism)
- Simplified and easy-to-use navigation system
- Target acquisition / remote control and firing
- Secure communication for transmission of text messages, images, videos, planning and reconnaissance information
- Highly optimized presentation of information with GIS tool and the use of HMD
- Interoperability during Joint and Combined Operations
Warrior21® utilizes new technology in terms of C4I and provides enhanced mobility, survivability, lethality and sustainability. A modular "building block" system based on an open platform architecture enables the integration of a broad range of devices, according to customer requirements. Warrior21® combines sub-systems for communications, optronics, power supply (lithium battery pack), clothing, protection & mobility. Advanced C4I allows the infantry soldier to communicate both within the group and also to the upper command level. C4I also enables units to collect, share and analyze data, e.g. images, maps and position.
Warrior21 soldier modernization program